Sunset Vibes






Thanksgiving - a day of reflection and literally as it says in its name, thanks giving.

Extremely thankful for my health and my family's and friends' health and safety, and also for living in such a beautiful place. It's not often that I go to the beach but when I do I am reminded to appreciate the little things in life and take a step back and smell the roses every so often.
There is a calmness and serenity that surrounds the ocean.  It is so vast and open - it is quite humbling to be the presence of something so huge and unknown. To think we are just one being amongst the many, to think that the ocean connects us to others around the world is amazing. It is universal, and touches each and every one of us. It's a resource shared by all no matter what age, gender, nationality, or ethnicity.

This Thanksgiving I am reminded of how important the people who surround you are and that you should appreciate them more. Take a step back and count your blessings, as cliche as it sounds. Take some time out of your day to tell them that they are loved, that they are appreciated, and that we are grateful for having them in your life. Their presence makes life all the more exciting, enjoyable, and rewarding - for who are we if do not share our life with each other? We are called to share everything - our experiences, our talents, our wealth, our goods, our thoughts, our emotions with each other. I myself am pretty horrible at this, but I think it is totally worth the effort.

So this thanksgiving, I am reminded to always embody this mentality everyday - be grateful for everyday and to engage in acts of kindness whenever possible.


Comments

Popular Posts