JANUARY FAVORITES // 2017

Now that January has come to a close, let's review the month!

This month has been a roller coaster ride mentally for me and it gave me a lot of time to think about the future. After much deliberation and debunking my doubts, I can finally say that I am taking the first steps into my future.

This month also has been a roller coaster for the nation as it handles a peaceful transfer of power from one administration to another. The inauguration, depending on which side you stood for, was either a happy or unsettling occasion. Social media accounts exploded with political posts blasting different sides. Streets flooded with protesters. Emotions flew everywhere. There is no doubt that the States and the world has woken up and taken a greater interest in politics. In a sense, I think that this election and past year has done some good. We are less likely to just sit around on the side lines and passively let our governments dictate our daily lives. Ok, political rant done and now on to some more lighthearted things!

bullet journal cover
B U L L E T  J O U R N A L
My YouTube has been flooded with video suggestions on bullet journalling so naturally what did I do? Watch them of course. At first, I thought woah who has time to do all this and omg these spreads are beautiful. As I watched more and more of these videos I became more interested . The main thing was that it is customizable. Shopping for planners is somewhat hard for me because of my pickiness. I want a planner that has a weekly spread and a monthly spread and has room for me to write down all my copious amount of lists yada yada yada. With bullet journalling I can do whatever I damn well please. Only negative is that it does take time and I can get carried away with it doodling instead of doing my work but that is my own fault... So I begin this bujo journey with a journal I already had and let's go from here! I'm definitely not an artist so my spreads aren't Instagram worthy in the slightest but it's fun. I love the fact that I can brain dump and have all my random lists in one place where I can reference.



weekly bullet journal spread

R A I N
What is this stuff that falls out of the sky? It's water you say? This has been a very wet winter for us Californians; something we're totally not used to. We even had hail here in SoCal. But I love it! It reminds me of London weather which I was totally in love with. Great thing is that we're almost out of the drought! (And that I finally have an excuse to wear my puffer jackets and trench coats)




P O L A R O I D  P R I N T E R
polaroid printer and bullet journal spread

This toy is so cool! It's very much a novelty item that no one needs to have but it is awesome. The quality of the photos aren't the greatest, not gonna lie, but it gets the job done. I like how it connects with bluetooth to your phone, press a button, and voila a photo appears. I mostly got this because of bullet journalling to spice up my book. I was going for a planner/ memory book with my journal. Tip for iPhone users: I found that you change your photo to the Chrome setting in the Photos editor the photos come out better.

T E T
Happy Lunar New Year! I always love this time of year because of the FOOD and family gatherings. My grandma makes the best banh chung (a sticky rice, pork, and mung bean concoction that she makes for Tet). Load up on the carbs!



Comments

Popular Posts