Just Touched Down in Londontown

The time as come to say goodbye California. I'll miss your beautiful beaches and how the warm sand sinks in between my toes. I'll miss the sun rays shining everywhere warming every surface of everything. But most of all I will miss the people: my family and friends that have been so kind and sweet to me and giving encouraging words along the way.

Goodbye LA!

Hello Great Britain! (somewhere near Liverpool according to the pilot)

The time has come to start a new adventure in London! It has been hard to wrap my head around the fact that I am in the England. The shock hasn't come through yet. It's as if it's still all a dream.
I took a taxi from London Heathrow and had a mini tour of South London. We passed by Big Ben, House of Parliament, the London Eye, and drove across the Waterloo Bridge.



First stop: eating!
The Jack Horner 
Famished and exhausted from our flight, we walked around trying to find some nosh. We stopped by The Jack Horner on Bloomsbury Street for some dinner/snack. The pub culture here is very exciting. Hordes of people crowd around the front of the street conversing animatedly with each other. The pubs are decorated in a homey style making tired travelers, like me, feel welcome and at ease.
The day ends with tricky navigation through the streets of London at night without the help of a cellphone, or "mobile", as it is called here, and help from many helpful Londoners!

Comments

Popular Posts