LONDON: HYDE PARK & WINTER WONDERLAND

This is huge #tbt back to my study abroad days in London. I must have forgotten to share this post way back when so why not share it now? I have a bunch of unwritten posts from my European travels from 2 years ago that will posted in a series I like to call the "#tbt to being an expat". Get ready for lots of nostalgia and pictures!







Hyde Park, one of my favorite places to hide away and tuck myself away from it all. The park is massive. Every time I come I always find myself in a different part of the park. One of my favorite parts of the park is the Serpentine where you can sit out on one of the benches and people watching or grabbing a coffee and sitting on the balcony of the cafe looking out. Children are feeding the humongous geese on one side and people are riding the pedalos on the lake. One of the most beautiful times of day to go out is during sunset. Just watching the sun set over the bridge is a stunning sight.


During the holiday season, Winter Wonderland takes over a section of Hyde Park. A carnival and Christmas market attracts many people to the fun and lights. During the fall, the sun sets around 4 PM and Winter Wonderland seems to magically come alive. It is similar to the Christmas Market in Edinburgh (previously blogged here).





Inside the beer garden where there are live performers


Next time I go to London, I really would like to go to Hampstead Heath which I heard that it feels like you're transported out of the hustle and bustle of the city.

What are your favorite parks and events in London?

Comments

Popular Posts