Uni Life: Furnishing the Dorm

Now that orientation finished, we moved into our dorms. My hall was self-catered which meant that we were responsible for buying bedding and all necessities such as soap and towels. It was such an adventure figuring out the transport system and gathering all of our supplies. It was like a scavenger hunt! Thank goodness for the Citymapper app; it was such a lifesaver trying to find everything.
This was like freshman year of college only without the help of parents. We ran around town finding the best deals for bedding, pots and pans, and towels and bath mats, and plates and then grocery shopping to suffice for a couple of days.
First stop was Primark. That place is literally heaven for shopaholics like me. There were 5 floors, add or take, of clothes and home items at cheap prices. It was so overwhelming and awesome. I wish this store was in the states! I went to the store on Oxford Street which was buzzing with excitement and commotion. Oxford Street, for me a shopaholic, is a place that I know I have to distance myself from. I did some serious damage on that street. It has the largest stores ever of every possible store you could think of. There is a 3 story Topshop (a store that I have began to love) that tempted me so much. The struggle was real while carrying the comforter and towels around and down the tube.

Needless to say, it was a crazy day!

Comments

Popular Posts