NYC: THE CITY OF HUSTLE, BUSTLE, AND CHARM

Welcome to New York!

In March, I travelled to New York City for the first time. Upon entering the island of Manhattan I witnessed in awe the beautiful famous Manhattan skyline as we drove from LaGuardia, passing by Queens, into Manhattan.

New York City manhattan bridge action show

It was incredibly cold during the week I went with gusting winds (this is coming from a Southern California girl so take this with a grain of salt). It was certainly a nice change from 70 degree weather in California (no sarcasm here) and I could finally wear my coats and sweaters that I've been dying to bust out and look seasonably appropriate. It's literally eternally summer here.

NYC cathedral with gothic architecture
St. John the Divine - Am I back in Europe?




The













The hustle and bustle of NY was such a change from the relaxed vibes of Southern California. The sounds, the smells, and the sights were different - it felt like I was transported into a movie. The amount of people walking on the streets during all times of the day was amazing to witness - it's such a stark contrast to the empty streets of DTLA. It was such a treat to see the beautiful buildings that fill the streets and the tree-lined streets.

new york city apartments next to washington square park and NYU
NYC apartments


I stayed at the Manhattan Affinia which was conveniently situated on 7th and 31st near Madison Square Garden and about a half a mile from Times Square. The hotel was surprisingly small to me but I quickly realized after walking around for a bit that it was standard NYC sized and quite reasonable.





photo of new york city manhattan

times square during sunset and night


manhattan bridge



the original shake shack with the empire state buildling in the background
The first Shake Shack



Comments

Popular Posts