Home

It's so hard to believe that I've been home for one and half months now. It's crazy how time has passed by so quickly from preparing to studying abroad to actually being abroad and now home. It's been surreal how many adventures I've had and upon reflecting on them I've realized what a great opportunity it was. During my time in London, I never really updated this blog (kicking myself for it) but I will continue to post up pictures and reflections of my side trips and living as a Londoner.

There are so many things I miss. Here's a little list that I've come up with:
1. Walking everywhere. Everything is within walking distance.
2. Public transport. The whole city is connected and it's so easy to use especially with the Citymapper app.
3. The cold. I'm from Southern California and I know I can't complain about our weather (it's currently 80F and its early March) but I just love cold chilly weather.
4. Beautiful historical buildings. It's like walking through history.
5. London parks - perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.
6. Unique shops....and shopping of course!
7. Pub culture
8. Free museums
9. Being surrounded by so many different cultures
10. Food markets
11. Digestives and tea...best things on rainy London days which was basically everyday haha

The thing about coming home now is that I appreciate it even more. - the beautiful weather, open space, food... being away from home made me realize how lucky I am to live where I live and to take full advantage of where I live.
Wanderlust is real.

My attempt to capture home's beauty

Comments

Popular Posts